Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Every pot has a fitting lid

Het hallo!

"Op elk potje past een dekseltje," as we say in The Netherlands.

I am very excited today. Last time, you'll remember, I had a "Eureka!" moment; I had found a way out of my current predicament...'Score more goals', you might be thinking. Well, easier said than done; I've been trying that one for over 1200 minutes and where has it got me?

No. I have a better idea: to remind people of better times. This will help me - and you - forget my current form and remind us both of the glory of scoring as many as twelve goals in a season!



I have invested some of my moderate salary in producing a range of memorabilia with snapshots of some of my Liverpool highlights: T-shirts, mugs, keyrings all emblazoned with my greatest moments in red!

Gertrude thinks it's a little crazy, but I told her, "hey, take some back to Katwijk for the children." She. Was. Speechless. But I think when she realised it was a way of helping with her great charity work, she couldn't say no!

There are three images: one of me executing a great tackle on Phil Neville. There's one of me scoring the second penalty (that was after my tackle, which seemed to cause the referee a lot of bother). And then I'm celebrating the win with John. It's a photo I really cherish, since neither of us have really had a lot to smile about this season.

Now, I know what you're thinking: they're all from the same game. That's true; there isn't a lot of material to choose from, but with the confidence boost I get from doing this, the goals are sure to come and then I can expand the range! If anyone has any photos of me applauding all four stands at Anfield, please send them in.


Tot de volgende keer

2 comments:

einar said...

I know this is the wrong thing to say, but: I am a Everton- supporter. Next Wednesday I will watch them play UEFAcup towards BRANN, my favourite Norwegian team.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
This is Nilanjan a life-long Liverpool Fan From India.While I am typing this comment I still can't believe that I am infact writing this to Dirk Kuyt.Your Blog is great and thanks for bringing those memories about that win at Goodison Back.You are one of those players who give a 110% everytime you take the field.I also sincerely pray to God that you regain your form very soon and show the form you showed last season.

Cheers,
You'll Never Walk Alone