Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One swallow doesn't make a summer

Monday, Febraury 18th, 2008

Het hallo!

What an exciting few days. I know it is selfish to talk so highly about the Barnsley result, but I scored! Yes, fans; I finally scored! For sure, my first goal this year was no oil painting: it was a school playground toe-poke; and who cares that I played the other 93 minutes like a turnip - as the ball rippled the back of the net I was overcome with the emotion of the 45,000 fans round the ground and I'm sure they could feel my joy as much as I felt theirs.

I felt liked I applauded every fan in the ground that day, although the Barnsley players looked a bit confused by my close personal bond with the Anfield faithful. It's all about the Dream Team, I told them afterwards. (I am in mine, by the way)

I must keep improving. "Eén zwaluw maakt nog geen zomer," as we say in the Netherlands.

Tot de volgende keer

No comments: