Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What a disaster!

Tuesday, February 12th, 2008

"Wat een ramp, ik begrijp niet hoe dat nou gebeurt is!" as we say in the Netherlands.

I have been very low now for some weeks. The manager clearly recognised my upset and rested me for the Sunderland game. It felt like the right thing at the time, but then the boys won so well I regretted having to watch it all from the bench. You would have thought then that I would have been pleased to play in the Chelsea game, but I can assure you it was as boring to play in as I am told it was to watch. As I went to applaud to fans at the end of the game, Carra gave me a tug at my collar and dragged me down the tunnel. I don't think he was too impressed.

This depression all started after the decision to produce my official Kuyt merchandise. I gave Gertrude the first package to take back to the children, but when she arrived in Amsterdam the package had not arrived with her. Three days later it turned up at Anfield, returned by a homeless man who found it in the rubbish at John Lennon Airport. Gertrude insisted that she had checked it in. I cannot explain this unfortunate occurance.

And why could this man not sell the merchandise for his own profit? All very strange.

Tot de volgende keer

No comments: